Tuesday, June 27, 2017

5 Reasons to See Wonder Woman

Superhero stories are a major trend in Hollywood right now. On television, superheroes dominate The CW with The Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. Netflix released a few originals with superhero protagonists such as Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. In the film industry, everywhere you look a new superhero movie is ready to be the next big blockbuster. Whether it’s from the Marvel or the DC universe, superheroes are the hot new trend.

At the start of the summer, a new superhero was introduced to the big screen: Wonder Woman. Though Wonder Woman has been around for about 75 years, she is new to Hollywood. The Wonder Woman film has been considered a huge success and it’s all for a good reason. I’ve listed below the top 5 reasons why everyone should go see Wonder Woman.

  1. It has a female protagonist, who is a superhero! This is such a rare occurrence in Hollywood that I had to include it on my list.
  2. Patty Jenkins, the director, just became the most successful female to direct a live-action film in Hollywood. This is huge for the industry and goes to show that women can make successful films when given the chance.
  3. Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), gives a stellar performance. Her character, Diana is well developed, strong, and relatable to anyone, not just women.
  4. It has a 92% rating on RottenTomatoes.
  5. Lastly, the film talks about important, larger issues in the world without sounding preachy.

Wonder Woman is a movie that will, hopefully, serve as the start to the inclusion of more diversity and representation in Hollywood. I know it’s an ambitious thought, but I have hope. If you haven’t seen the movie yet, you should! Even if you simply go to watch the stunning cinematography, it is worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. As a DC fan... as a general superhero fan...as a history fan (despite it's inaccuracy XD)... I LOVED WW!!! I sure hope the sequel has Cheetah in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment John! I am really hoping for a sequel too!

      Delete
  2. I watched it this past weekend and I loved how WW was portrayed. My absolute favorite thing about her was that she only listened to her conscience and stuck to her morals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Nala! I also really liked that aspect of Diana. I loved that she had such a great moral compass.

      Delete

The Bold Type

One of my favorite shows that premiered this summer is The Bold Type . I hadn’t really heard too much about the show prior to its premiere,...