Thursday, July 20, 2017

How to Host the Perfect Movie Night

A movie night is the perfect way to bond with your friends and enjoy some classic cinema. Executing the perfect movie night takes time and planning. Many times it is thrown together at the last moment, but there are different steps it takes in making sure your night will be a success. I like to follow a couple fun steps when hosting a movie night with my best girl friends that I thought could be
fun to share with you!

  1. The invite. The first thing I make sure to do is call all of my girls and make sure that they are available for the night. 
  2. The movie. Once the the invitations are confirmed and the time is set, it's important to pick the movie. Going through my collection (which is large) takes time and consideration. It's important to narrow it down to a few choices before ultimately deciding on the winner for the night with my friends. It always has to be something the entire group will like. 
  3. The outfit. For most movie nights, my group and I like to establish comfort. This results in having to choose the perfect pajamas for the night. The right comfort level makes for a great night. 
  4. The food. Planning the menu is important. You want to make sure that you have delicious treats and drinks. A balance between desserts and popcorn will be the perfect combination to snack out on. Usually, we establish that everyone brings a snack and we share pot-luck style!
  5. The atmosphere. It is important to make sure the living room is decked out with blankets and pillows. Before settling in for a good movie with great friends, you want to make sure everyone is comfortable so that the viewing with be that much better. 
  6. Enjoy! Once everything is all set up, it's time for the guests to arrive. Gossip will take place, hugs will occur, and then everyone will settle down for a night filled with comfort and laughter, and quite possibly a few tears. 
Movie nights are a great bonding opportunity with your friends. They give you the chance to spend quality time with all of your friends and enjoy a movie whether it be a corny rom-com or a sad drama. I hope my steps will help you host a fun movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bold Type

One of my favorite shows that premiered this summer is The Bold Type . I hadn’t really heard too much about the show prior to its premiere,...