Sunday, July 9, 2017

Spotlight on a Blog

When blogging, I think it's important to support fellow bloggers, especially those blogging about similar topics. There is one particular blogger that I stumbled upon recently who is also relatively new to blogging and writes about interesting things.

The blog is called “blockbuster films” and they discuss, you guessed it, blockbuster films and the box office of films. The blogger, Calvin, writes very insightful posts and the blog is very well constructed. One post that I really enjoyed reading and wanted to share with you all is called “Predicting the Highest Grossing Films of 2018.”

In this post, Calvin provides a list of 10 films that have the potential to do well in the box office. After stating a film, commentary on why the film has potential is provided. I enjoyed this post a lot because I never thought to predict which films will be box office hits. I typically tend to predict which ones will do well at award shows. Calvin’s post is fun to read because it has a specific tone weaved throughout and it blends personal opinion with factual information really well.

Number 1 on “blockbuster films” list is Avengers: Infinity War. I have to say I agree with this because the superhero film seems to be doing extremely well in the box office recently and what’s to say that will end in a year?

Personally, my favorite films on the list are Incredibles 2 and Fantastic Beasts 2. As a huge Disney nerd, I cannot wait to see Incredibles 2 and know that as Calvin said in the post, nostalgia will draw in a lot of others who have waited years for this sequel. (Something else I found interesting about this post, is that the top 3 predictions are all owned by The Walt Disney Company). Like I've said in previous posts, I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan so I know Fantastic Beasts 2 will draw in a lot of fans of the Harry Potter franchise.

I recommend this blog to anyone who wants to stay updated on news related to upcoming blockbuster films. Calvin’s blog is both fun and informative and I can’t wait to keep following it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bold Type

One of my favorite shows that premiered this summer is The Bold Type . I hadn’t really heard too much about the show prior to its premiere,...