Monday, July 24, 2017

Why Entertainment?

So, I started a blog about the entertainment industry but why? In my introduction, I mentioned that I have always been obsessed with the arts and entertainment. Well, I decided that I wanted to share the story of how this passion was born.

Growing up, I danced. If I wasn't at school, you could find me at my dance studio perfecting the most recent routine or steps I had learned. I got involved in competitions at the age of 5 and so began my love for performing. Throughout middle school and high school, I started to take acting classes because I couldn't get enough of performing. I loved (and still do) bringing stories to life and creating new worlds. Eventually, I started taking dance more seriously and my teacher pushed my passion one step further by inviting me to do professional performances and workshops. This made me put a pause on acting because dance became my whole world. 

When it came time for college, I was faced with the hardest decision of my life: to dance in college or not to dance. I had just been injured and knew I was not up at my best when college auditions came around. So, I pressed pause on dance and turned my focus elsewhere: the entertainment industry. During my first year, I took a media course and discovered the behind the scenes action of the entertainment industry. Instantly I was hooked! 

Slowly, the behind the scenes of the arts became my new passion. I accepted an internship with an acting school for kids and was enabled to rekindle my passion for acting. Also, this internship introduced me to the woman who would eventually become my mentor. The company paired me with an independent film and television producer. She showed me the tricks of the trade and ever since, I have yearned to learn as much as I can about the entertainment industry. I started to read every magazine, news article, blog, and website I could find on the industry and absorbed as much information as I could. Eventually, she let me start working with her production company and bought what I had learned in the classroom to life. It has been incredible. 

Throughout college, I have really developed my love for entertainment and am excited to see what the future holds. The various internships I have held and the people I have met thus far in my life have showed me that it's important to stay up to date on the issues of the industry. They have taught me that it's important I know what kind of stories I want to create. For me, the thing I love most about the entertainment industry is that everyone has a voice that gets a chance to be heard. I admire those who tell stories of importance and I hope to one day join those that create stories that matter. Any work I am involved with, I know will have something important to say. 

That's a wrap on how my love for entertainment was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bold Type

One of my favorite shows that premiered this summer is The Bold Type . I hadn’t really heard too much about the show prior to its premiere,...